Saturday, January 29, 2005

I wanna go to Sylva



Well, it is the second weekend in a row that I haven't been able to go to North Carolina, Sylva in particular, when it has snowed. Seems like these winters come about every five to six years. They are due for a snowy and COLD winter. I have been really disappointed these past two weeks because I haven't gotten my way. I have been feeling really Cinderella-like. I feel so bad because I think that I have been a real crank to everyone due to the fact that I haven't gotten my way. What more can I say. I STILL feel bad for myself. Oh well. Maybe next time.

I checked my sisters blog tonight and found a great post. My response is duplicated below. In the meantime, these pictures are of my favorite place. The top one is from The Sylva Herald archives. Taken back in December of 2000. The bottom two are from the Cold Springs Ranch website. Mike Miller owns the ranch and lives there with his two dogs, Sugar and Timber. Cold Springs Ranch is near Max Patch, if you are familiar with the area. What a great place to live. His website is also the one that I will feature on this posting. The address is below. Drop by and sign his guestbook and check out the ton of great pictures he has there.

http://www.coldspringsranch.net/





BELOW IS AN EXCERPT FROM MY SISTERS BLOG.
http://laurabsupercoolblog.blogspot.com/

You said it SISTER. It is SO hard. I am constantly at war with myself. I find that Paul said it best in Romans Chapter 7...

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that [it is] good.

Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not.

Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

"For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do."
That pretty much sums up my life on an everyday basis. Anyhow, I really appreciate your thoughts this evening. I also wanted to let you know that I find it very refreshing that you, whether you know it or not, are a voice of reason in an age of hyper-liberalism in the collegiate realm.

"But when we are securely rooted in a personal intamacy with the source of life, it will be possible to remain flexible without being relativistic, convinced without being rigid, willing to confront without being offensive, gentle and forgiving without being soft, and true witnesses without being manipulative."
You are right, this is a great quote. This is also known as having convictions. So many people in our present day lack convictions; whether they be moral, religious or in most cases political. And even fewer of those people are willing to express their convictions publicly.
On a different note, I love Nickle Creek. I think the name of the song I like most is, "When you come back down". What great music.